Passing of Olivia Zane ’19
It is with a heavy heart that I let you know of the death of Olivia Zane, Class of 2019. Olivia (“Liv”) was a deeply engaged member of our community, active in the Vassar Jewish Union, Ferry House, and with many student organizations. The loss of someone so young shakes us all and leaves a tremendous hole in our community.
A memorial service will be held outdoors near the Bayit, 51 Collegeview Avenue, at 8:30PM on Thursday, March 11. Up to 25 people may gather in person, and Reverend Speers and Rabbi Mann will be present. Others may join by Zoom here: https://vassar.zoom.us/j/93037222657
Many of you may have known Liv, as she was a student just a few short years ago. If you need additional support, please reach out:
Resources for students:
- The Counselor on Call is available 24/7 at (845) 437-7333. The Counseling Service also offers crisis walk in hours Monday-Friday.
- Counseling Services and RSCLP have a monthly Grief and Loss Support Group that meets monthly on campus. Our next meeting is March 16; if interested in attending, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/kaUDU857wKjrcndJ8
- Dean Inoa (email@example.com), the Associate Dean of Student Living and Wellness and Dean Speers (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Associate Dean of Religious and Spiritual Life and Contemplative Practices are also available to provide support.
- For academic assistance and accommodations, please contact Dean Zeifman (email@example.com) in the Dean of Studies office at (845) 437-5255.
Resources for faculty, administrators, and staff:
- Employee Assistance Program: 1-800-828-6025
- Dutchess County Helpline: Call or text 845-485-9700.
Elizabeth H. Bradley, President
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604