Addendum: Plans for Spring Semester
- All students must get a COVID-19 test (antigen or PCR) within three days prior to arriving on campus. Please make every effort to have the result as well (using a rapid test as needed). Right now, New York State just requires the test to have been administered; however, this could change.
- Per the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), students arriving from international settings must show a negative COVID-19 test result within three days before they fly to the U.S.
- Pods can include up to six students; students in THs/TAs/SoCos can participate in pods that include people in dormitories, as long as the pod does not exceed six students and all students in a room or apartment are within the same pod.
- Per the New York State regulations, during the first days of school until students have two negative on-campus PCR tests, students may not gather inside or outside. After everyone has received two negative on-campus PCR tests (the second one administered on the fourth day after your arrival), then students may gather in groups of up to 10 people outdoors, masked and keeping six feet of social distance. If approved by the relevant department or Campus Activities, students may gather outside in a group of up to 25 people, with masks and socially distanced. Indoor spaces such as the Library, the Old Bookstore, the Affinity Centers, and the Villard Room will be open only after students have received two negative on-campus PCR tests.
- Graduation: We are working on this but we do not have the plan set yet, as we consider various formats and approaches. I know this is stressful, and we will let you know as soon as we do.
- A decision on intercollegiate competition for spring season sports will be made at a later date, by or before approximately March 1. In-person practices and instruction for teams will be permitted once students have had two negative on-campus PCR tests.
Take care and I look forward to seeing many of you soon!
Elizabeth H. Bradley, President
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604