Passing of Daniel Choi
Dear members of the Vassar community,
I am sorry to have to share some very sad news. This weekend I was notified that Daniel Choi, on leave from the Class of 2019 and a member of our Transitions family and the Swimming and Diving team, passed away near his home in Los Angeles, California.
The news that we have lost a friend too soon is deeply painful. Daniel was known for his big smile, and his eagerness to be involved in many activities on campus. He will be greatly missed.
Please make time to take care of yourselves and to reach out and be present with each other. If you or someone else needs support, reach out to the resources below.
There will be a gathering today during Transitions Living Room Hours from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm. This gathering is open to everyone who would like to get together and talk or be in community.
- The Counselor on Call is available 24/7 at (845) 437-7333. The Counseling Service also offers crisis walk-in hours Monday-Friday.
- The Dean of Students, Residential Life, and Religious and Spiritual Life are also available to provide support.
- For academic assistance, please contact the Dean of Studies office at (845) 437-5255
Faculty, administrator, staff resources:
- Employee Assistance Program - 1-800-828-6025, https://humanresources.vassar.edu/benefits/all/eap.pdf
- Dutchess County Helpline: Call or text 845-485-9700
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Crisis Textline: Text HOME to 741741
Thinking of you,
Elizabeth H. Bradley
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604